Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My Thrift Store buys today

I hit two of my local thrifts today (Smile and Spot - to be exact). What I really like about the thrift shops in my area is that there are no big thrift store chains - like Salvation Army or Goodwill. Both thrifts I hit today are charity-based, run by volunteers. Then there is also a very small chain of thrifts in my area - they have 2 stores so I guess that is a chain? They are run by an organization to use the thrift as a job-training facility for the disabled. They are opening a third location in June, so I am excited about that.

Shoes were half off at one store so I bought several pairs. I made a video of my buys today. I forgot to display a pair of canvas Nike shoes ($1.50 for myself) since I had put them in the washing machine. Same with a nice hand embroidered pillowcase (.50) - forgot to put that in the video.



1 comment:

Annette said...

I love the videos! Keeps me going when I don't have time to thrift shop/garage sale! :) Keep 'em coming.