Saturday, September 06, 2008

Waaaaa! No yardsales today

As I suspected, no yardsales to speak of today. I had my fingers crossed that maybe the indoor Parks & Recs yardsale would take place - but it didn't. Too much rain and people freaking out about the hurricane or tropical storm or whatever it was. Was not a big deal at all. I think our lights flickered a few times but that was it.

Our local Food Lion also freaked out. I stopped in to buy a few things today and they entire frozen food and dairy section was empty. I don't mean picked thru - I mean E-M-P-T-Y. They were afraid they were going to lose power so they moved everything to their big freezers in the stockroom that have generators. What a bunch of scaredy cats.

I did manage to list a few things on eBay. Need to list more. A ton more. If you want to see what I have listed - take a look. I got a ton of Burger King coupons to sell - so if you were planning on doing any Burger King eating within the next month or so, it makes sense to save money and get some coupons. I was surprised that a Whopper is now $2.59 - I only get them when I have a Buy 1 Get 1 Free coupon.

In high school and college, I worked at a Burger King. When I worked the late shift, I was allowed to take home a leftover sandwich. I got in a habit of doing that for a while and remember being disgusted with myself when I tipped the scales at a Whopping (haha) 130 lbs. Oh have the times changed.

Anyhow, I digress. If you want to see my ebay auctions - take a lookee YSQ Auctions

I'm tentatively sheduled for one day of jury duty next week. So....if that court date manages to be cancelled, that means my month long jury service to the local justice system will be fulfilled. Until I get chosen again.

No comments: