Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Thrift Store bargains for today



I spent $12.25 at my thrift. The joke book is from the 50's, published by Random House. Totally politically incorrect. The jokes are not funny but I think the cover is with the stodgy-looking old man on it. And no, I'm not a Nats fan, but it is a brand new hat (with the $18 price tag still inside). We have two nights at a hotel to spend at The National Harbor sometime before the end of September so I can wear it then and look like a local.

So...I'm at Smile today and guess what? I was recognized by a blogger reader from a nearby town - AND I wasn't even wearing my crown! But I was wearing this fine piece of couture which the reader had remembered seeing. She was nice and didn't hound me for pics and autographs the way most people do.

Before I forget, here is the Washington Post article I swear, the next time the Post interviews me, I'm gonna do some negotiating beforehand. First, give Lusby a shout-out at least. Secondly I want a free lifetime subscription AND I want a ton of extra coupons in my Sunday paper. I don't think that is asking too much. Here is the article that appeared in November November article

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Bennett Cerf was on the show 'What's My Line?' in the 1950s, 1960s, those are a hoot. He was the co-founder of Random house too.