Thursday, June 18, 2009

World's Longest Yardsale coming up soon



I came across this AARP article today which lists some tips on what do bring if you are going to the World's Longest Yardsale. One of their tips is to bring a roll of toilet paper, for bathroom breaks in the great outdoors. Really? I would have thought that the AARP would suggest just throwing on a Depends, which is my wonderful idea. Because if you're taking time for a bathroom break, that means you are an amateur and you are wasting valuable yardsaling time.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to test out my time-saving tip this year since I already have other plans scheduled for that weekend. (Don't get me wrong, I WILL be yardsaling that weekend, just not there.)

================
My $8 avocado green thrift store KitchenAid mixer got a workout this week. I feel so Martha Stewarty with my KitchenAid. It works like a champ. I made Oatmeal Scotchies one day (DH's favorite). Then when I realized that Whiskey liked them, I made a batch of regular oatmeal cookies for Whiskey. I got a ton of oatmeal to use up (gotten free with coupons of course) and making cookies pretty much the only use I know of to use oatmeal. It's not like I'm gonna eat it for breakfast.

But in the cookie making process, I broke the oven. Sort of. Somehow the hinge thing isn't working right on the oven door. The builders-grade oven turns 19 this month. It was 19 years ago this month that we bought the house and made podunk Lusby our home. I think it may be time for an oven make-over.

===============
I saw a McDonald's commercial on tv today saying that this Sat & Sun (June 20 & 21) you can get a free small hot or medium iced McCafe at participating McDonalds. No purchase necessary - limited one per person per visit. good all day long. As usual, your mileage may vary (so don't complain to me if your McD isn't participating). Ughggh...coffee....why can't they give out free Diet Pepsi?

=================
The above pic is of some Stargazer (I think) daylillies I have that are currently in bloom. That reminds me, I have a $3 container of red day-lillies I need to plant somewhere. I bought the red ones at plant sale/yardsale back in May.

=================
Not a whole lot of buying going on this week. Not because I don't want to, but I can't shop as well when I have Jacob with me. So no thrift shopping. Have been stopping in at Walgreens for the $2.99 St. Ives shower soap (basically free after the $3 in Register Rewards.

No comments: