Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New York Vacation Re-cap

In case you didn't get the clue I left, I've been away in New York. Not NYC though, just upstate where I am originally from. I always manage to hear the Billy Joel's New York State of Mind song whenever I am in New York. I usually spend a week every summer there with Jacob and leave the husband at home.

Here's a short version of my itinerary:

Last Wednesday - drove 500 miles to my mom's house. Visited a cousin and her family in the evening.

Thursday - spent the morning at Chuck E. Cheese. We spent the afternoon at my sister's and walking around Saratoga Springs (afterall, it is "The August Place to Be")

Friday - yardsales in the morning (of course), then Jeepers in the afternoon. Then hit a big Kohl's sale at 10pm at night (they were open til midnight so I was able to put Jacob to bed at my mom's and run to Kohls.) I spent $34 and bought myself 3 pairs of capris, 2 shirts and 2 pairs of shorts for Jacob.

Saturday - yardsales in the morning (of course), then visited my brother and wife and went swimming. Then quickly shopped at a Christmas Tree shop afterwards. Jacob is not a shopper so I had to be quick.

Sunday - took Jacob to New York State museum (free) and then went to the observatory the tallest building in Albany (also free admission). In the afternoon we went to my sister's house with the intention of going swimming, but the weather wasn't cooperating. Matter of fact, Saturday was the only day I saw the sun I think! But did get to see all 3 of my nieces and hear wedding plans for my oldest niece.

Monday - in the morning just did some shopping and errands (like getting my mom's car washed etc). In the afternoon went back to Jeepers. Of course I had printed off the $10 for one hour coupons ahead of time. Then afterwards visited one of my high school friends (the one who makes me the extremely embellished Christmas cards every year). She gave me a bunch of Stampin Up supplies to sell for her on eBay. Then rushed back to my mom's house at 7:15pm and just in time to have my friend Beverly come over for a visit at 7:30.

Tuesday - packed up the car and drove home.

It's a 500 mile drive (one way) to my mom's house. When I got there, I re-set the odometer to see how many miles I would put on during the week. It's pretty amazing but I put on a whopping 600+ miles doing all the running around for the week. And the furthest I drove to any one place was 25 miles away.

Also in my itinerary, I left off stops at a few thrifts, linens n things (for their going out of business sale. I bought a new comforter set for $71 - originally $199. It's nearly impossible to FIND a California King comforter in a regular store so I bought it. Also made a stop at the Wine and Liquor Warehouse and may have bought a little something something.

Pics to follow.

No comments: