Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Two weeks of jury duty down, two more to go

I am on my second week of jury duty and so far both trials that I was supposed to go to this week have been cancelled. Yeah! And with next week having a Labor Day holiday, maybe they won't have any trials scheduled next week. Then I'll just have one week to go. I do need to call the jury hotline tomorrow though to hear next week's schedule.

Did a little bit of thrift shopping today. I bought this game for Jacob for $3 at one of my thrifts. $3 is a little on the high side for a game (since my other thrift normally prices games at .50 - $1) but this isn't a game I'm likely to find again soon. And I bought the game at a thrift where all the money goes to helping spay and neuter animals, so it's easy to justify making a purchase. Jacob has a game called Rush Hour also made by ThinkFun and this is just a different version with animals. His teacher last year had the Rush Hour game and told us he really liked it, so we went to Target and paid $20 for it. (Well actually we paid for it using a gift card he had received for his birthday).

I am too lazy to take a pic of it, but it's the same one that Amazon sells:



=========
What is with the sudden onslaught of door to door solicitors? Twice in the past week. One was some teen guy selling magazine subscriptions - I got the idea he wasn't someone local, I think it's like a summer job or something. Then within a day or two later I had a pair of Jehovah's Witness women come to the door and offer me help with "all the stress that people are dealing with nowadays". I told her I didn't have any stress. Well that's totally not true, my only stress is not having enough storage space for my buys. Maybe I totally screwed up and they were going to tell me about a Patron Saint of Storage that I don't know about?? Now that I think about it, I should have said "yes, come in, I have a messy kitchen and it's stressing me out. It would help greatly if you would do my dishes."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, this made me laugh out loud! I have the same addiction you have and the same stress, no where to store all my treasures! I even had to read this one to my 17 yr old who cracked up! I thoroughly enjoy your blogs!
Lori Dodge
Indianapolis, IN