Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labor Day



Happy Labor Day (well what's left of it anyway). It was a crappy Saturday for yardsales (as I thought it would be). On Sunday we took the Metro in DC for the day. Jacob has never ridden the Metro, or seen the monuments. And we didn't see many of the monuments anyway since they are so far apart. Mainly we just walked passed the Washington Monument, to the WWII Memorial (which I had never seen) and then walked thru most of the Museum of Natural History. And when I say "walked thru", I mean it, we walked through and barely stopped to look at anything. Amazing how he's Mr. Slow Pokey while walking from place to place outside dragging his feet, but then once we get inside a building, it's an instant transformation into Speedy Gonzales.





I made an agreement with my husband the other day - a contract of sorts. By 9/30/07 (yes, he was sure to specify the year), that by that date, I will have gotten rid of the playpen full o'toys that resides next to our dining room table (which we never use since its full of other type of clutter - but that's another subject for another day). So....I have my work cut out for me. Wish me luck - I need it. Here's my "Before" picture:

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Best of luck on clearing the clutter.

You have been tagged - http://frugalforlife.com/2007/09/im-frugal-subversive.html

Cara said...

Hey, I just found your blog by searching “yard sale tips.” Our neighborhood is having a yard sale extravaganza this weekend—and I have no idea how to price things! Anyway, I love finding cool things at a steal of a price, like you. What a fun topic for a blog! Happy yardsaling!