Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I hate football, but I can pick'em!

My winning streak continues. I discovered today that I have a new talent - football predictions. I hate football. But I like Cheeseburger in Paradise so I entered their weekly football pick'em contest and last week I had the highest # of correct entries (for our local restaurant) and I won a $25 gift card.

========
I did some shopping today. I decided to stop into Kohl's (since I had 30% off coupon) and found some great clearance, bought 3 shirts and a pair of capris. Shirts were $2.80 (originally $14) and the capris were $5-something (originally $28) so after the 30% discount I paid $10.37 - for 4 pieces of new with tags clothing for me.

Also at a thrift I bought this ugly thing - I had no idea what it was, but I knew it was something. Since it had a old looking pottery sticker on it, that it was just too bizarre, had an original price of $1.00. It's a Hagen-Renaker Little Horribles. In looking online Hagen Renaker is known for making realistic looking animal figurines - so this line of "horrible" creatures is very different from their other stuff. Looked on ebay and someone has one listed for $89.



========
One other thing I wanted to add about our Amtrak adventure. A few things I discovered - nice houses normally aren't built next to the train tracks. And the USA has a whole lotta graffiti from coast to coast that needs to be cleaned up. If I was a foreigner traveling in the USA via Amtrak, I would have the misconception that all Americans live in junky houses next to graffiti.

No comments: