Monday, July 19, 2010

Saturday's Yard Sale Buys

Here's a few things I bought on Saturday. At one sale the seller had a bunch of jewelry laid out in a box - a piece of a cardboard divider had fallen down within the box so I lifted up the cardboard to find this cool heavy Batman ring (.925 silver marked DC - for DC Comics) for $1. It's a man's size 12 so it's a tad too big for me. I can't find any similar ones online. The next time I'm in Vegas baby, I'm taking it to the Gold & Silver Pawn Shop to see how much they would give me for it, just for fun. Visiting the shop is on my to-do list for Vegas. The ring is tarnished but wanted to leave it as-is.



I also bought this Russian hat with a bunch of pins for $4. I don't think the pins are too old, I see one has a 1987 date on it. But it's the kind of thing I don't typically see at a yardsale so I bought it.



==============
I have to apologize to the winners of the Sassy Signs contest who won earlier this month (Diana, Shara, Briana & Ann) - there was a communication glitch between Sassy Signs and myself so that is why there's been a delay in getting your prize. The winners will be contacted by Sassy Signs very very soon, I promise.

3 comments:

ThriftyAnnabella said...

My son would have went crazy for that Batman ring also. He loves anything Batman. Can't wait to see what it appraises for.

Anonymous said...

Love the ring! How much did it cost you?

Chris the Yardsale Queen said...

Anon - the ring was only $1!! I edited the post to include the price.