Monday, January 18, 2010

Tightwad Gazette Amy Dacyczyn Frugal Zealot Interview

Remember Amy Dacyczyn - the author of the Tightwad Gazette books? If the name is not familiar, back in the early 90's she appeared on the Phil Donahue show and was on the cover of the Parade magazine, talking about frugality (and yardsales). Here is a recent interview that I found on Youtube. Back when she had the monthly newsletters, I even received a subscription as a gift. And I'm sure if I dig around here, I could find the old newsletters, cuz you know I didn't throw them away!



7 comments:

Donna in Warrenton, VA said...

I love the tightwad gazette. This book has inspired me for years. If I feel my non-frugal ways coming through I go back and read the entire 'Complete Tightwad Gazette' and get re-inspired each time. She's my hero!

Elizabeth said...

Yup, I think Amy is my hero too. I've read the 'Complete Tightwad Gazette' many times and I still find something new and inspiring in it. Thanks for posting this interview, it was lovely to see what Amy looks like.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I have Amy's books as well as the newsletters. Need to dig them out and do some re-visiting. She's a great inspiration! :)

Deborah in Michigan

Anny said...

I love hearing about people saving money, thank you for the link! Her $120 trashpick is awesome :D

Anonymous said...

I have all the news letters too. In a binder. I enjoy reading them even now. And I have the two of the books. I would love to find the "Complete" works. But only dirt cheap at a yardsale.lol

Debra

Anonymous said...

I remember her on Phil Donahue. The audience members criticized her for not buying her kids video game systems or taking her kids to Mcdonalds. How dumb do they feel now!

KeithTax said...

Saving money and living the frugal lifestyle is fun and less stressful. Remember, for many, interest expense is the largest item in the budget. Live debt-free and life is a lot simpler.