Friday, October 03, 2008

Life is Good!


I'm looking forward to two pretty big yardsales tomorrow - one is at a church. They usually have lots of neat vintage stuff at this particular church sale. They used to price most stuff at .10 or .15 each. They've gone up on their prices over the past few years (especially on their clothing) but it's still a great sale.

Then the other is a Mothers of Multiples yardsale. It used to be held in a school cafeteria about 15 miles away. I had stopped going to their sales since I don't need baby items and plus, it was 15 miles away. I typically stay within a 7 mile radius of my house. But last year, the Mothers of Multiples sale moved locations, now they are only about 8 miles away. I went to their last sale and bought lots of toys. I liked that they had a stack of generic white cheap laundry baskets for people to use as shopping baskets. Once you checked out, you left the basket there for someone else to use.

=========
And I almost forgot to mention, yeah! We are now in October - my cruise to Bermuda will take place this month. And I am just thrilled (really, it doesn't take much to make me happy), because on the cruise I hope to be drinking unlimited free Diet Coke.

In case you missed it, I am a diet pepsi/diet coke drinking machine. Since I am driving to the ship (Port of Baltimore), I knew I'd have to use some of my suitcase space for soda. Really. Soda is not free on a cruise ship. Royal Caribbean sells a "soda package" which cost $6/day + 15% tip. And you have to buy it for the entire length of cruise (you can't just buy one or two days of unlimited soda). Or else you can pay per the drink.

Well anyway, on MyCokeRewards.com - one of their rewards is a free soda package on Royal Caribbean. I ordered it yesterday and hopefully it will come soon. Now I won't have to pack soda.

Speaking of the cruise, I bought 2 dresses the other week at the Spot Thrift. I think I paid $4 for one and $8 for the other (they charged $8 for the second dress since it was 2 pieces. One is a black dress with embroidered butterflies. I am not a butterfly person, per se, but it looked good on so I can deal with having butterflies on it. The other is a purple (the traditional color of royalty) shift dress with jacket. It doesn't photograph well so just showing you the butterfly dress.



I have a dentist apppointment next week (Note to self: start flossing vigorously over the next few days - haha). So I will stop at VV and see if I can find more cruisewear. I always schedule my dental appts to coincide with Vintage Value's .35 sale days.

=======
Anyone see The View today? I caught a part where Whoopie was saying that she is a hoarder and has to have 75 rolls of toilet paper in her house at all times. Everyone laughed since 75 rolls seems sooo extreme! Oye. I went in my garage and counted 114 rolls. And that's not including the tp that is in the house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOUR HEALTH NUT READER HERE WHO LOVES YOUR BLOG AND WANTS YOU TO BE HEALTHY AND WRITING FOR A LONG TIME . . . .

ALTERNATE DIET COKE WITH H20 . . . VERY BAD FOR BONES AND PURSE AS WELL .

ROUTINE DAILY FLOSS WILL KEEP YOUR DENTIST BILL LOWER IN THE LONG RUN.

PEACE !

Anonymous said...

wpw, 114! amazing.