Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What a crappy day

What a sucky day. Sorry but I need to rant. Imagine you have a 2 hour commute (one way) to your job, that would suck wouldn't it? Now imagine if you're a 5 year old doing it. Well that is my son. I am so po'ed right now at our local school system (Calvert County Public Schools). My son has apraxia (which is a disorder which affects his ability to speak) so they wanted to put him in a special class in a school that is 25 miles away. No problem, I thought. But I would never have imagined him having to be picked up by the bus at 6:30am for a 9am school start time. The school didn't even tell me until last minute - literally - about his pick up time. The past few days they kept telling me "oh the bus driver will call you with details but never did. So again I called the Bus Transporation office today at 6:15am only to be told they had mis-typed our phone number on their list so the bus driver wasn't able to call. We're in the phone book! So anyways I'm talking to the guy (remember it's still 6:15 am) and he said the schoolbus would be there momentarily - sheesh - my 5 year old is still blissfully sleep in his bed. The bus arrives at 6:30 and one of my high school neighbors actually got on the bus thinking it was hers and the driver had to shoo her off. Her bus comes later, around 6:45.

I followed the bus today so this 2+ hour commute they made is not an exaggeration. On my way home I stopped at a grocery store and noticed a nail in one of my tires. I made an appt to get that fixed tomorrow.

And this stupid blogger is still giving me problems about adding pictures. I still have vacation pics to add below. It's driving me nuts. And my message boards are down...again.

Well at least I have Smile (thrift) to look forward to tomorrow. That is, if I don't get a flat getting there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your right that does sound a very bad day. Well one thing that might be helpful is you could pack a blaket and pillow with jacob and he can sleep on the bus.



Yard Sale Princess