Saturday, December 05, 2009

Yardsale Results and Buys



Well my indoor yardsale wasn't as bad as I thought it would be - I made $155, mostly by selling .50 and $1 items. Got rid of a lot of stuff and I will donate some of the leftovers before the end of the year.

I like being able to shop at the other sellers at these sales. I bought this new birdfeeder for $3.


.10 for vintage Coleco baseball game
.25 small canoe planter
.25 bobblehead pen
.25 USS Alamo ashtray
.05 tape measure keychain

And the best of all - that beat up copy of The Jungle Book Sing Along Songs on VHS ($1). With Jacob's love of the Jungle Book, I spotted this video on eBay recently and almost bought it. I'm glad I waited a bit and found it myself.

I think that is one of the best feelings - finding something you've been wanting to buy, for cheap, at a yardsale. And that's why I like selling on ebay too, sometimes you get a nice email from the customer thanking you for selling the item - saying it was exactly what they wanted etc etc etc. Just got a nice feedback from a buyer who said I made a ton of Boy Scouts happy with the vintage Semaphore flags I had sold him.

Speaking of ebay, check out my Enema Man Superhero that I have currently listed (link over there to the left) ...bet you don't have one of those!



I also went to one garage sale that was open until 2pm - I bought a $3 printer which came with 4 used inkjet cartridges. Also bought a nice Bath & Body Works canvas tote bag for .75

I will e-recycle the printer and take the 4 cartridges to Staples and get $12 worth of credit.

=======
Was going thru my pics and here's one of my huge HE Dryer (or washer?) that was in my house for like 10 minutes.


========
And more proof that I don't buy something just because it's on clearance. Here's a bunch of sale chicken livers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that a picture of your booth or was it just a random photo? That doll in the chair is a Dressy Bessy and I had one when I was a child. I would LOVE to have another one. If she belongs to you and you still have her, please let me know. Also, if you ever come across a Ms. Beasley doll in your wanderings, I would love that too since I also had one of those as a child. Thanks so much and I really enjoy reading your blog.

t.dobson@windstream.net

Chris the Yardsale Queen said...

yes, that was my area with the Dressy Bessy (and I still have it - I will email you). She has some issues so I didn't want to put it on ebay.

I have bought a Mrs. Beasley once at a yardsale - and I was surprised to find her still there late in the morning. I sold that on ebay though - went to a boss who was buying it for her secretary who once mentioned she never had a Mrs. Beasley and always wanted one.

Muliebrity said...

have you ever purchased back the item you donated to thrif?