Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Dollar Tree Shopping near the cemetery



I had a dentist appointment today. The dentist office is near a lot of the shopping I did today (Dollar Tree, Walmart, Target, Lowes, Staples etc etc). When I was at Dollar Tree I remembered I had my camera in my purse so I took a pic of a real cemetery which is right next to the Dollar Tree. (I couldn't get a good pic of the Dollar Tree sign next to the cemetery without standing in the parking lot) but just imagine a Dollar Tree to the right).

This may sound strange but after yesterday, I was really looking forward to going to the dentist today and just relaxing. Yesterday, I spackled, I sanded, I painted, and cleaned the floor and basically didn't sit down all day. We've been in this house almost 18 years and when we first moved into this spanking new house, I said "No need to paint right away even though its the cheapest paint the builder could find. Let's just wait a few years and then we can paint." And here it is 18 years later and there are still parts of this house still showing the cheap contractor paint. How sad - LOL! Oh well, there are more important things in life than painting the walls. Like going to yardsales.

My husband is out of town but coming back later tonight. Whenever he goes out of town, I start projects around the house. Today I went and bought two new toilet seats and a new faucet for my Spongebob bathroom. Did you know you can go to Lowes and get a coupon for 10% off your shopping trip?

I will have to post pics of my "before" and "after" of my bathroom. I came up with a cheap way for some Spongebob art for the bathroom wall. I bought Spongebob placemats and stuck them up on the wall. I think it's cute. I didn't go totally Spongebob though, I still kept my shaving brush collection up along with my vintage nasal douche.




I also stopped at VV and bought these vintage risque glasses for .35 each. Scene on left - at first I thought it was a woman about to John Bobbit the guy in the tub. But in studying it, its a woman putting a notch on her bedpost while the man collapses in the tub. Middle scene: woman in a wedding gown saying "Just think in a few minutes he'll know I'm not a blonde" while the mother of bride looks shocked. Scene on right: a prostitute on strike with "Unfair" sign. She is looking at a building that says "Do it Yourself HQ"

No comments: