Friday, April 20, 2012

Solomons Island Tiki Bar Opening 2012








Today was an extra busy day for me. Today is the day of the annual Tiki Bar in Solomons Island, Maryland re-opening for the season. I stopped in for a bit, signed up to be a designated driver (you can win prizes for being a DD) and talked to some friends who had their boats there. (The bar opened at noon. I got there around 12:30 and left a half hour later after socializing a bit with some friends. I asked if anyone needed a ride, but they all declined. Hey, I tried. Last year I won a $100 prize for being a DD. I want the grand prize this year.

I didn't stay long because I had places to go! Like a live auction that was starting at 2pm. And at the auction, I couldn't stay long either since I had to be home for Jacob coming home from school. If they had auctioned off the weird white monkey statue when I was there, I may have bid. But it wasn't meant to be.

Yes, I know, I haven't put up any pics of NYC yet. Still to come.



1 comment:

Cheapchick said...

Mr White Monkey was cool in a creepy sort of way.