Friday, February 02, 2007

Yippee - after suffering for over 30 years - going to fix the furniture!



I wish I knew these things existed 30 years ago!! When I was in the 3rd grade, my parents bought me a nice bedroom set (twin bed, a chest of drawers and big long dresser with mirror) that I used forever (and still is in great shape). Except the sliders on several of the drawers are broken. When I was a kid, I overstuffed the drawers and broke a little plastic piece that the drawers would slide on. But of course I still continued to use the furniture but had to be careful when pulling out the drawers since they would not stay open on their own.

I mention it to my husband today how it would be nice if he installed some new sliders or something in the furniture so it wouldn't be a pain for Jacob to open the drawers. I figured it would be impossible to find the exact plastic part from decades ago but my husband was sure that "drawer technology" hasn't changed much over the years. And voila! Right at Lowes and at less than $2 a package are the little plastic dohickys that we need. If only I had looked for them 30 years ago! Anyhow, I am so excited about finding these!

No comments: