Sunday, December 26, 2021

Yardsalequeen 2021 Year in Review



Overall, 2021 was a pretty good year. Much better than 2020, that's for sure. Except one thing happened in 2021 that I hope to never repeat again. I hit a bear. Yes, a live wild bear that was in rural northern Wisconsin. We had gone there for a birthday party. Because the area is so rural, there are no rental car places, so we borrowed a car from a family member while there. It was a quick trip, we only spent 3 nights in Wisconsin and one night in Minneapolis. As I was driving from one small town to another, out of the corner of my eye, I see a bear come out of nowhere and it was running straight for the road. I hit the brakes but I still heard a thump thump and Jacob saw it run back into the woods. So I maybe just bruised it. The vision of seeing a bear running for the road will forever be ingrained in my brain. There was absolutely no damage to the car. My husband and son were in the car as my witness. My husband rode his motorcycle from Maryland to Wisconsin (Jacob and I flew), so he was tired of driving and wasn't driving that day.

Then while in Minneapolis, I got to cross going to Prince's house off my bucket list. I have loved Prince since my 20's.

Another good thing that happened in 2021, was that I was lucky to win super pricy tickets to Nationals games (yes, I think we went 3 times in 2021). Got to see their World Series trophy and drink a lot of free wine in the fancy seats.

My best thrift store find of the year took place in November. I went to a small thrift that I don't visit too often and I saw a cardboard box full of silverwear for $5. I saw that the silverwear was mostly sterling silver, so I quickly paid the $5. I am not an expert in silverwear but I knew since it was very well used and engraved with an initial, that whoever got it would just melt it down for scrap silver. I took it to two different pawn shops, one offered me $400 and the other offered me $600. I didn't want to sell it on ebay (because of the % that they take etc.) So I happily took the $600 cash.

I am planning on making a Yardsalequeen.com Facebook Group in 2022 - and have it just like my old message board used to be. Hoping that yours (and mine too) 2022 is happy, healthy and full of good yardsale bargains.



1 comment:

SkokieShopper said...

I know you wish you had picked up more souvenirs!!!