Wednesday, June 08, 2011

First for Women magazine



If you're waiting in line at the grocery store and have a few minutes to kill, check out the latest issue of First for Women (June 27th, 2011 date on cover) - page 86 to be exact to read some of my titillating tips on becoming a yardsale genius. I was also interviewed for a different article (same magazine) which will be out in August I think.

Speaking of grocery store lines - oye - what an experience I had yesterday. My grocery store has 3 self checkout lines - which are located further away from where the regular cashiers are at. So I'm waiting to self checkout and I hear a commotion going on in the next lane - with a woman calling for help. I look over and see a small child wedged between the side of the grocery cart and the wall and the woman (who is probably the grandmother) is getting hysterical. The child was screaming and I told the woman to calm down a second - the child can obviously breathe. And the woman says to me "But you don't understand - she doesn't listen to me!!!!!" I'm thinking "lady, get a grip, you can worry about that later".

An employee comes over and is trying to do something with the cart. So I step back and let the employee have space. Nothing is budging. The grandmother now starts screaming at the top of her lungs for help. So I go back over and thought that if the register wall could slide just a little, it may help. So I (still carrying my awesome purse of course) press my back up again the wall (where I drew the purple line) and then put my feet up against the other side and just pushed. I felt the wall start to tilt backwards some, so I pressed again harder the second time and the employee was able to get the girl out. Good thing I am sturdy like ox (thanks to my Polish & Ukrainian genes). And guess what happened afterward? That witchy grandma started yelling at the little girl. No thank you to anyone. By this time (I swear it seemed like forever but the whole episode probably only lasted 2 minutes from start to finish) the store manager finally got there and he told the grandma she needed to quit yelling at the kid.

The child was right in the little space on the left where it juts out a little by the electrical outlet.



============
Had a nice little trip to my fav thrift today. For .25 I got 2 more vintage hairnets for wacky hairnet collection. And for .25 a Longaberger basket. Will post a picture tomorrow.

No comments: