Saturday, April 16, 2011

Long delayed weekend update

Let's see, what's new and exciting in the life of YSQ?? Ummmm...let's see, I have some breaking news - I bought some stuff. Been going to some yardsales. Haven't bought a new car yet, so instead I just went and spent $250 on two new tires. Today was a very soggy day, but luckily there were two large indoor yardsales that I went to. Bought another Pulp Fiction Kangaroo for $2. After the yardsales today, I even went to a local hole in the wall bar called the Solomon's Island Tiki Bar. I've mentioned it before here on the blog a long time ago, it's a local bar that throws a big grand opening party every April. Thousands of people show up out of nowhere. And I think the ladies room only has 3 toilets.

As usual, I had my ulterior motives for stopping there today. Yesterday and today, if you signed up to be a designated driver, you're entered to win one of many cool prizes that they will give away on Monday. And just for signing up as a designated driver, I got a free Bud Light can koozie to keep my beer cold. I'm joking, I don't need to keep my beer cold (since I drink rum and coke). But honestly I was given a free Bud Light can koozie for being a designated driver. And I did actually walk thru the bar, but didn't recognize any drunk friends needing a ride home so I left since I did what I came to do (sign up to win prizes). And I stopped at their Tiki Tobacco shop and got some free empty cigar boxes. But it's really crappy weather today for their opening weekend. Here's some pics from today:




I missed seeing the Clydesdales. Oh well, I saw them the last time I went to Busch Gardens. I remember that trip, since I almost got bounced out of the free tasting room (even though typically I don't drink beer, I *will* occasionally choke it down if it's free).

============
Look for me in an upcoming issue of Woman's World Magazine The date on the cover should say May 2, but it will be out next week sometime I think. I was interviewed for a yardsale article a while back. I have no idea what I said in the phone interview. I hope they can edit it to make it sound like I'm not a total idiot. I've also been doing a few newspaper interviews - newspapers in Missouri, Virginia and North Carolina. I really should update my Media. Oh well, someday.

============
Here's a pic of some eggs I bought. Yes, they got wedged in the minivan's sliding door.

==========
And there you have it - all the exciting news that's been happening lately.

No comments: