Wednesday, December 08, 2010

some random pics

Here is a mishmash of pictures I've taken over the past week or so. In no particular order.

I was at the Dollar Tree (love the Dollar Tree) and saw this Smart Fit Button. It's for when you are too fluffy and can't get your jeans to button, you just add a button and it extends your jean size about a half inch. No, I didn't buy it but had never seen it before so I took a pic.



I saw Elvis at a local Christmas parade. It was so damn cold. The boy scouts were very zealous in their candy throwing. If I go next year, I will bring a bag of candy and pelt those boy scouts right back!


There was a porta-john truck decorated up for the Christmas parade (don't you see that red ribbon on it?). Woo-hoo I got a coupon for $5 off a Porta-John rental!!



How many copies of Titanic on VHS does one thrift store need?


I bought this vintage Trouble game, just because. Jacob does like playing Trouble and the graphics are different. I hate that the thrift writes in black marker the price on the box.


I went to a store that had a "Going out of Business Sale - Everything must be Sold!!!"They had a measly 10% off of crap. Sheesh. And I mean it was total crap. I hadn't seen these cheesy pre-filled type of stockings in years. I looked at the expiration date that was on it for the candy and it was December 2009.


I really don't see these types of wide open spaced stores anymore. I think there's a reason, they look like they are in a time warp.


But as I was leaving the store - and since I wasn't buying anything - I left thru an empty cash register lane and found a $5 bill on the ground.

I stopped into one of my thrifts and saw they moved the thrift store guy to a new couch.


I took this picture at CVS, They have this cat toy there that retails for $9.99. I don't want to reveal any Christmas secrets, but if you are related to me and live in upstate NY and just got a kitten within the last few months, there's a good chance your kitten will be getting this identical toy. But I only paid .50 for it at my thrift store. And it doesn't have the original packaging. And it only has 1 one of the balls inside. But hey, it's the thought that counts, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

.....AND to top it off, the candy inside that stocking was probably made in China!

Debbie W. said...

The picture of the many, many VHS copies of Titanic cracked me up, mostly because, one shelf down, there are many, many VHS copies of Jerry Maguire, which I swear is the most common VHS title at any and all thrift stores!! Thanks for posting such fun photos.