Saturday, October 24, 2009

10 Year Yardsalequeen Anniversary



Big congrats to me. Ten years ago today, I purchased the domain name "yardsalequeen.com". But that wasn't the beginning - my website roots date back to 1997 when my little garage sale tips homepage was being hosted first by free homepage making sites angelfire and then by Geocities (For the heck of it, I just went to geocities and see that they are shutting down in two days!) Funny how the word "homepage" isn't used anymore. And back in 1997, is when I first started a message board. I can still remember my DH telling me, "you know you may even get strangers visiting it". (As opposed to just people I know in real life).

Then after getting the yardsalequeen.com domain, I figured why not also get garagesalequeen.com but someone else had it already. Bummer. But they weren't really using it, so every few months I would check to see if it became available and then one day out of the blue, it was.

well...its Saturday morning....so that means I got places I gotta go now!

2 comments:

Kathrynbrown12@gmail.com said...

Happy 10 year anniversary :)

ZDub said...

Holy moly, Happy Anniversary!

That is really amazing and I really enjoy reading your blog. You crack me up and you know a good deal when you see one!