Wednesday, August 31, 2005



Today was a big shopping day. Here's where I went: bank, Smile, library, JC Penneys, Food Lion, dollar store, CVS, Shell gas station (gas was "only" $2.63), V V, Target and Giant (another grocery store).

Got some pretty good deals today, even at the library! When I was checking out a book, they had stacks of Chick-fil-a coupons good for free kid's meals and free ice cream cones. Totally free coupons with no expiration dates. The chick-fil-a cow was promoting reading to kids. I think I'm feeling the need to check out some more books tomorrow...

At Smile I bought Jacob a like new swimming life vest for only .50 (the kind where the floaties are built right into the suit. Also bought a tub of K'nex for $2 and some other stuff.

At JC Penneys according to my receipt, I "saved" $167.76 (but actually spent $14.87 including tax for 8 baby outfits (marked down from $22.99 to $1.77). I'll put them on ebay next spring. Reminds me of a quote from Peter Walsh of the Clean Sweep TV Show that I should try to heed "You can go broke saving money".

At VV, it was .30 day and bought 3 pieces of clothing and two vintage 3M Bookshelf games at $1 each. One is an ebay dud (game called Contigo) but the other called Acquire should sell well.

I found a gas station (Shell) who had gas for $2.63 today. Meanwhile everyone else (including the discount stations like Sheetz and WaWa) were at $2.79 or higher.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT $1.79...it's over $3.15 here in Mi. Good deals for you. I wish they had those swimsuit floatee things when my kids were little. I can't afford to go sailin' due to the gas prices.

Chrisx4

~Audi~ said...

Man, $1.79, it's over $2.67 here in Western NY. My husband and I go out 2x's a week, Thursday and Saturday. Looks like we'll have to slow down with it also. Since Katrina the gas price jumped .10 cents...

Chris said...

oops!!! I guess I am not used to typing $2-something for a gallon of gas so I messed up! I did fix my blog and put in the correct prices. I paid $2.63 for gas today, not $2.79 and higher that other local stations charged. What is weird is the stations near my house all are charging $2.99 but when I drive a few miles to the next county, the prices drop significantly due to taxes or something.

Sorry for the mix-up!

Venitha said...

Good grief! If my mother were to start a blog, this is exactly what it would be about. Amazing! I thought she was the only one! =)

kalisekj said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

Kely said...

Hello I want to congratulate to you. This site is fantastic, looks like entertained and very good to me it elaborated. I invite them to that they explore a little on my site of the Web
Our real estate listing includes great opportunities on Costa Rica Central Valley’s provinces such as San Jose, our Capital, with remarkable cities as Escazu at the west, or Curridabat at the east, experiencing a great development on both commercial and residential properties, making their real estate pricing highly attractive to investors; on other hand, Alajuela city gathers places with a very special warm weather such as Grecia, La Garita and Atenas, or beautiful farms for agricultural, cattle or nature preservation purposes as those located on San Carlos or Sarapiqui. We also offer land properties in Guanacaste, which is the province, along with Puntarenas, with the most beautiful tropical beaches on the Pacific Coast such as Tamarindo, Playa Grande, El Coco, Playa Hermosa, Nosara, Samara, Herradura, Jaco, Manuel Antonio, Dominical and Golfito, where the real estate business occupies the first place as the local economic activity.
Great investment opportunity at Costa Rica Pacific Coast, Preconstruction condos in costa rica
Condo sales in costa rica, Retirement property in costa rica. Visit us for more info at: http://www.costa-ricarealestate.com/