Thursday, September 01, 2005

Just got back from Smile, they will be closed on Saturday due to Labor Day weekend. So normally when they are closed for a holiday, they generally have a half priced sale sometime during the week. Well when I got there today, I saw the big "Everything half priced today and tomorrow" sign. Today I spent $3.50 and got:

$1 Casual Corner dressy navy blue pants for me
$1 new replacement mop head for my "As Seen on TV" mop
.50 bottle of bath gel (scented Angel Cake)
.25 new Conair folding brush with mirror. I can tell by looking at it that it is new, no hairs or other crud on it.
.75 4 books (two kids books were .25 for both, and two adult books were .25 each).

I bought a paperback of The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer and a vintage wild game cookbook. A few of the recipes: Big Horn Sheep Patties, Fried Rabbit, Roast Opossum with Dressing, Fricassee of Young Raccoon, Squirrel Stew with Dumplings, Pigeon Pot Pie, Short Ribs of Moose. In the back of the book there is a section "What To Do After the Kill". Pretty yucky. The book is from 1967.

I've been working on getting new message boards. Actually I got a new ad-free one so I just need to customize it similar to the previous boards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm...roast opossum!! lol Interesting find