Sunday, September 07, 2008

Went to a Top 10 Shell Beach today







A while ago, a travel magazine put together a list of the top 10 beaches for shells. They named places like Sanibel Island, Florida, Kauai and world famous (haha) Lusby, Maryland. If you don't believe me, you can read the whole article here.

Well today that particular park was having a free family day thing, so we went. I don't like swimming in the Chesapeake Bay, but Jacob doesn't seem to mind. We should buy an annual pass (its only $15) - the water there is real shallow. The beach in our neighborhood gets pretty deep quickly. And dogs on leashes are allowed. Whiskey is not a water dog, but I think he'd enjoy sniffing some different stuff.

And at this beach, you an get a water view of the best nuclear power plant in Maryland. One of the buildings can be seen in the above pic. Click on the pic to enlarge it. The big thing in the water is a liquidified natural gas terminal. We do love our energy companies here.

==================
If you found this website thru today's article in the Anniston Star (Anniston, Alabama) - welcome. I would link the article but you have to be a subscriber to access their site.
==================

Yes, the message board is experiencing some glitch. Apparently its some problem caused by the hosting company. However, it's my responsibility to figure out how to fix - and as you know, I am not a computer person. It happened once before a few months ago but I got it fixed pretty quickly. But this error message looks different. I hate programming stuff since I have no idea what I am doing. I will call the hosting company tomorrow and see if they can walk me thru the fix.

No comments: