Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Back to school

Today was my son's first day back to school. To me it's kinda like making a New Years resolution: I resolve to keep all of my son's paperwork organized and send back forms to school on time etc. And resolve to not shop as much and spend more time selling junk on ebay and organizing the house.

However, my husband took today off from work - so my resolution is a little delayed. We spent the day shopping. Went to JC Penneys (I just wanted to look at some of their clearance stuff - didn't buy anything). Had lunch at Applebee's - used coupons that came in the mail the other week for $5 sandwiches. Hadn't been to Applebee's in a while and wasn't impressed. Slow service, burnt burger and the whole place smelled like a dirty sponge. You know when a sponge turns "ripe", it has a certain nasty smell? Well the whole restaurant kinda smelled like that. Then I had to watch a guy in the next table over lick every finger after he ate a french fry. People are gross. Last week I was on the boat ride with my son and there was this mom there - who was picking the zits on her arm. What's wrong with people?!?!

After lunch, we also shopped at Walmart (my husband hates that place - not because of the Walmartization of America or anything to do about the pay scale of employees etc, more like he hates dealing with the other shoppers there). Also went to BJ's Warehouse and Staples.

At Staples they are having a policy change effective 9/17/06 - they will only be accepting HP, Lexmark and Dell brand ink cartridges for recycling (for the $3 coupons.) I have a bunch of Epson ones I need to turn in. A little while ago, I bought 100 empty Epson ink cartridges on ebay for $50, but that will turn into $300 worth of coupons (so if you deduct the $50 I spent to get the cartridges,it will be $250 free Staples merchandise). I'll be doing a lot of shopping at Staples over the next 3 months.

No comments: