Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Massive snowfall in Maryland causes schools to be closed today.


We got a whopping .25" of snow (if that!) overnight so of course schools were closed today. No, I am not kidding. Bunch of namby pamby wimps who run the schools here. They say "oh we do it for the safety of the kids...their safety is #1". It's the same school system who sent my child home the first day of pre-k with a loop of yarn around his neck with a name tag. Heck, if I had worn something similar during my years of working at the nuke plant, I would have been written up for wearing a safety hazard.
Photo isn't the best, I should have put a ruler next to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in N.C. and our schools are the same way. Last week they closed them before anything even started because it was suppose to snow...we had a dusting. The news showed kids at the malls shopping.

Libby (Pennypincher)