Saturday, August 28, 2010

Once again - we thank you Lord for Nuclear Power





Thanks to the magic of nuclear power, I didn't have to make dinner last night. My husband's work had a family picnic (similar to one I blogged about last year.) But kids were invited to this event and there was no shrimp or crabs - waaaaaa - just hamburgers, hotdogs, potato salad, macaroni salad, cole slaw, beans, beer, soda, cotton candy, cookies, and fruit. For activities, they had ginormous inflatable slides, rides, games of skill (like throw a football thru a hole etc), dunk tank where supervisors got dunked, spin art t-shirts to make, glitter tattoos, face/arm painting, balloon animals, rock climbing wall, family photos, mini golf, play Wii games, a DJ, and I think that about covers it. Better than going to the county fair since everything was free.

Here's a short video I made when we first got there, before it got crowded.


=============
Went yardsaling this morning and got some great buys. One of the sports teams at the nearby highschool had a fundraising yardsale, but I only knew about since they posted some signs last night. They didn't advertise it at all online or in the newspapers. Will post my finds tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I told you, this looks it was mucho fun but I think I would have missed the shrimp/crabs too. (looked at last year's post) Waiting for you to post Saturday's buys! Susan C.