Monday, May 14, 2007

Wonder bread prices make me wonder. Newsflash - I went to the mall today!

My life significantly changed for the better in the past year when my picky eatter son began eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. That was a big accomplishment because up until then, he had never eaten a slice of bread - let alone bread with peanut butter and jelly on it. It makes it so nice to be able to make him a sandwich for lunch. Anyhow because he is a such a picky eatter, I buy the Wonderbread for Kids which supposedly has extra fiber and vitamins in it. The usual price at the grocery store is $2.69 a loaf. Once in a while it will go on sale for $2 a loaf. Walmart sells it for $2.02 a loaf everyday (but Walmart is a 20 minute drive). Today I took my husband's truck to the dealership to have some work done on it (dealership is an hour's drive away.) Afterwards, I also went to the mall and wandered around. Only bought one $9.99 thing at Kohl's and used a 15% off coupon. (I also shopped at Dollar Tree - love the Dollar Tree - and Tuesday Morning).

I also stopped at a Wonder Bread "thrift" store near the dealership and they had the same Wonderbread for Kids that the grocery store sells for $2.69 per loaf but instead at the thrift store it was only $2.57 for TWO loaves. And the bread is fresh. Knowing this, it makes me never want to buy it again at $2.69. I just wish the bread thrift was closer.

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

Bakery Thrift shopping is where it is at. Especially for a cook out or family gathering, buy the buns and rolls there. Just make sure to watch the expiration date.