Saturday, March 05, 2011

I am on a drug, it's called Yardsale Queen.

Well no yardsales today, but I did go to an outdoor shopping venue that wasn't even a flea market. More like a monthly outdoor craft show with high prices. I bought nothing.

Speaking of not buying things, here are some things I saw at one of my thrifts recently but didn't buy. I am very disappointed in this store lately, it is getting overly crap-filled with high prices. For instance, shoe prices used to be .50 or $1. (I once bought a very nice pair of Dansko shoes for $1 there and re-sold them for $100+.) When I recently checked their shoe prices, on some I saw a $9 price tag. For a pair of nothing special used shoes. No way.

They had a very old wheelchair (who would buy something like this?? I mean, if you needed a wheelchair, you wouldn't use one that was built in 1940 (or whenever). And I don't see it as being something someone would buy as a collectible.)


A shelf for your monitor. I bet the company that makes these is out of business.


$5 for an 'NSYNC bear. $5??? I wouldn't buy it if it was .50.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That wheelchair is awesome. I can definately see it being someone's collectible. I would have bought in a heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

Wheelchairs are collectible. There is a good amrket for them. Don't particularly want it in my house...

Joy said...

I used to have one of those monitor shelves. How funny.

Lizzie Bordello said...

I second the "wheelchair is awesome" comment. I too would have been all over it - I've actually been on the lookout for one for my Halloween display!