Thursday, July 01, 2010

Yard Sale Buys from last weekend - thrift store buys from yesterday

Here's what I bought last Saturday at the yardsales. I was lucky enough to see the same yardsale seller who sold me the Barbie clothes the other week had cleaned out his basement and had found more to sell, for .25 each.

At one yardsale, I knew the seller. She asked me if found anything good so far that morning. So when I went to leave, I put on my $1 corn hat which I had bought earlier in the morning and waved to her. As I was waving, a car that was driving by in the neighborhood slowed down, rolled down the window and the driver called out "Nice hat Chris". I have no idea who is was, I assume it was someone who knew my husband.





One of my better buys last Saturday was a free carwash that the boyscouts were having. Several local businesses donated to the Boy Scouts to have a free carwash for the community and we were given a packet of fliers from the various businesses. They also accepted donations, which of course I gave to. After the kids did their work, the Dads & Moms joined in and did a wonderful job.



Here's what I got yesterday at a thrift:

.75 new in package Snuggie for Jacob. It was only a matter of time before the Snuggies start showing up cheap at yardsales and thrift stores.
$1 t-shirt Official Member of the Piss & Moan About Everything Club. Up until now, I was just an unofficial member.
$1 unused Slatkin Bath & Body Works candle.


2 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

~laffin~ $1 Official Member of the Piss & Moan About Everything Club. Up until now, I was just an unofficial member.

Best line of the day!

Anonymous said...

What are you going to actually do with the corn hat??????? Susan C.