Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Big Lots, Dollar Tree, Bath & Body Works etc




I really hadn't planned on going out shopping today but the stores were calling me. Went to Dollar Tree, Big Lots, Bath & Body Works and VV. I also had some other errands to run like go to the bank, post office, and library.

I had gotten a coupon from Big Lots for 20% off my entire purchase for being a member of their email Buzz Club, so I couldn't let that go to waste. Coupon was only good for a week. If you shop there, you can join and still get the 20% off coupon which expires Feb. 3. I bought lots of stuff for Jacob's lunch and lots of Chex cereal for $2 a box (well actually its like $1.60 a box after the discount. The husband eats Chex but I will also make a bunch of Chex mix with it. And for $1 (.80 after discount) I got a disposable corner paint brush thingy. I am in the process of doing minor remodeling to my bathroom and since I will be painting the ceiling and the walls the same color, I needed a corner brush.

At Bath & Body Works, I got a free sample of some facial serum. I'm on their mailing list so they periodically send me coupons in the mail. I just found this, on their website, if you get added to the email list, they'll send you a coupon for a free 2 oz lotion Bath & Body Works email list. Its a limited time offer, just wanted to say that incase you are reading this blog and its now the year 2014 and are wondering why the link is dead.

I should have gone to Big Lots FIRST and then Dollar Tree, but I did the reverse and bought stuff at Dollar Tree that I could have gotten at Big Lots cheaper using the 20% coupon. For instance, Dollar Tree had bags of cheesy popcorn - 6 oz for $1. I bought several bags - since popcorn is Jacob's favorite food and I can put it in baggies for his lunch. So I get to Big Lots and see they also have a cheesy popcorn but its .79 (.63 with discount) and that was an 8 oz size. Oh well. Bought both kinds anyway.

At VV, I bought 4 pieces of clothing for .35. One is a nice short sleeved maternity top with a beaded neckline size XL which I will put up on eBay during warmer weather. The other 3 shirts are for Jacob.

Also bought some vintage Hazel Atlas souvenir New York glasses for .35 each. Will take a pic and add it to the blog tomorrow.

1 comment:

Monica said...

I love the glasses since I am from NY, I am going to use my Big lots coupon, its the last day but I like using the turbie twists and I need a new one!!!!