Saturday, November 15, 2008

10 years ago today.....I joined ebay

and then was too chicken to do anything with it until the summer of '99 when I made my first ebay sale. It was an Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me Heinkein beer t-shirt. Man, that was before Jacob was even born. I remember getting the t-shirt (free of course). I won tickets to a premiere showing of the movie thru a Washington DC radio station. I think some other prizes may have come with it. Cuz DH and I went up to DC for the day and rode the Metro around and found the radio station and got the tickets, then took a Metro to where the theatre was.

Now with Jacob, I can't imagine doing all that running around just for free movie tickets. I remember the theatre was near the headquarters of the Fannie May and Freddie Mac Foundations since we had to walk right past the signs.

I also got a bunch of free Austin Powers movie posters. One of which is inches away from my mountain of clutter next to my computer desk here as I type.

No comments: