Monday, June 23, 2008

Golfing in .50 Callaway Shoes



My son hit the links today while wearing a pair of .50 Callaway golf shoes that I bought at VV many years ago and put away until he'd fit into them. And, surprisingly, I was able to easily find them. He's no Tiger Woods but enjoys riding around in the golf cart with DH, eating pretzels and drinking soda - up until a point. Then I get a phone call saying I need to pick him up. I was hoping he'd last the entire 18 holes so I could get some shopping in, but it wasn't meant to be.

I did manage to get passport photos taken (Walgreens for $7.99 plus they have a deal this week for a free travel kit when you buy passport photos). I don't have to have a passport for my Bermuda trip this fall, but I figured it's time I got one. If the Queen of England was to call me to invite me for tea and to discuss my views of the monarchy system of today, I want to be able to go on a moment's notice. So I want a passport.

1 comment:

oliveoyl64 said...

My ds was 3 when he first picked up a golf club(thanks Tiger Woods). He has made the h.s. golf team, so you never know where a hobby will lead.

I only WISH I could find 50¢ golf shoes. They aren't easy to come by in a men's 13-14.